Surely with Amazon getting bigger, every major retailer having an online presence and the ever increasing list of eBay sellers - I shouldn’t even bother dipping a toe in this crowded pond right?
- Online retail sales are predicted to grow steadily to $370 billion in 2017,
up from $231 billion in 2012 in North America alone.
- Two-thirds of Americans 50-plus buy products online.
- Over the last 5 years, the average arrival time for online deliveries has halved.
- Shopping on mobile devices has increased 35% year on year since 2012.
It means that there is an ever growing army of people with their wallets pouring billions of dollars in to the online retail space.
Get up and take their dam money!
Historically, to set up an online store, you needed to have web design experience, programing knowledge and a dispatch warehouse of your own. Now all you need to have is the ability to use a keyboard and mouse.
There are countless platforms you can sell products on these days, most of which can be set up in a matter of minutes:
- Have a subscription box idea? Check out Cratejoy.
- Stuck on what product to actually sell? Check out Trendosaur to see what products are in high demand.
- Happen to have a bucket load of product you want to move at a small price – call
Groupon, they’ll sell thousands of units in a day (for a very small profit)
- Got a completely new idea for a product and want to get buyers before even creating one of them? Kickstarter helps get hundreds of new ideas of the ground every month.
- Want to sell your artistic and creative products – check out Folksy.
- Do you make your own high end jewelry or woodworking? Sell It on CustomMade.
Long Story short: There is space in the online retail industry for YOU. Not just you, but your unique ideas, your individual preferences and your level of business knowledge, as vast or as limited as it may be.
There are millions of people online who want to buy from you.
Stop thinking about. Room
Stop talking yourself out of it.
Just dive on in and start making some money!